Fresh. Delicious. Savory. Warm. Crunchy. Gooey. Flavorful. Did I mention Delicious?
Here's the end result of our attempt at making them:
I pinned this recipe from the Pampered Chef right when we got back from Ohio and was dying to make it ASAP. As you can see sometimes ASAP isn't very ASAP.
So here it is, give it a try. And definitely don't skimp on the sour cream/rub mixture.
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 2 tbsp Jamaican Jerk Rub, divided
- 1 small yellow or red bell pepper or combination
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sour cream and 1 tsp additional Jamaican Jerk Rub
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange tortilla chips in a slightly overlapping layer
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cheese and 1 tbsp of the rub; mix gently. Sprinkle chicken mixture evenly over tortilla chips. Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted; remove from oven to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, dice bell pepper. Cut lime in half crosswise. Juice half of the lime into a small bowl; add bell pepper and remaining rub and mix well.
- Snip cilantro. Slice remaining lime in half; cut slices in half using.
- Spoon bell pepper mixture over nachos; sprinkle evenly with cilantro. If desired, combine sour cream and additional rub in resealable plastic bag; trim corner to allow sour cream to flow through. Pipe sour cream mixture over nachos. Garnish with lime slices.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 300 mg, Fiber 1 g
(above nutrients from Pampered Chef site)