Now here I am in 2018 asking for your recommendations for this year. You had some great ones when I asked on Instagram! I also found some from other resources that I’d been eyeing for awhile. I also thought I would share a little about the books I loved and didn’t love in 2017. Leave any other suggestions for me in the comments or message me on Instagram!
First off, here are some of the places I love finding new reads: Grace at The Stripe’s Monthly Reading Lists, Reese Witherspoon’s Book Club, House of Harper, A Beautiful Mess, Man Repeller Book Club, Pinterest and recommendations on Audible where I end up listening/reading to a lot of my books in the car. I was also recommended to Good Reads (by CambronElsey) and Book of the Month Club (by ImMristenM) which I plan to check out this year.
So without further adieu, here is my 2018 Reading Bucket List – IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER! I also have to mention that it’s a funny mix of #bossbabe books, self-help (my word of the year is WELLNESS) and fiction for a fun break.
As always, these posts do contain affiliate links. Meaning, if you click on some of these links they could send some change my way at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting this little blog!
- Beatriz Williams novels (recommended by South of Libbie) – I just haven’t figured out which one I want to read yet!
- The E Myth (recommended by The Yellow Bird) – Honestly, forgot to add to the visual above and I’m guessing I’ll be reading this sooner rather than later after the roaring recommendation from fellow woman entrepreneur Nicole Pond at They Yellow Bird.
At this point y’all know I love a good, informative (and yes long) blog post 🙂 Here are…
1. Cultivate by Lara Casey (#1 fav this year)
2. Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate (FAV! I love a good southern novel though…)
3. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (#3 fav this year)
4. The Dollhouse by Fiona Davis (LOVED, may just have a top 4)
Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll (crazy twist, but pretty gruesome and depressing)
Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan (trilogy, just love them all – start with Crazy Rich Asians and then China Rich Girlfriend)
Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware (total mind eff)
Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner (read, don’t audio)
The Paris Effect by K.S.R. Burns – The storyline was a little all over the place and I like the idea, but wanted happier and Paris 🙂
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng – Didn’t love the story itself, but could be more because of my personal beliefs
Class Mom by Laurie Gelman – Funny-ish, but weird pace and not good humor