Each month I get out my Powersheets from Cultivate What Matters and brainstorm on goals for the next month. July was a tricky one because it is going to be absolutely insane and in the best way!
My sister comes to live with us for 5 weeks (and one day!) and then my Mom is here two of those weeks. YAYYYY!!!
I’m an extroverted introvert (this article describes this perfectly), so sticking to a schedule, having self-discipline, and not having a problem claiming some quiet time to myself are going to be big for maintaining my sanity. Hard to do in a teeny tiny flat and with so much travel! But what an awesome dilemma to have though, right?!
This in mind, here are my July 2018 goals! These are the highlights, I won’t bore you with every monthly, weekly, and daily goal :).
- Enjoy our guests and travel!
- Book our US trip in September – SO excited to go home!
- Book Munich flights – we’re going with my Mom/Dad and Aunt/Uncle for Octoberfest!
- Send cards/gifts for July birthdays and anniversaries
- (+ A secret project potentially in the works with one of my favorite TV shows, eek!)
- Blog 2-3X a week
- Check in on my goals with my Powersheets (pictured above)
- Pilates – I’m working out with The Balanced Life online almost daily and loving it
- Write the Word journal – I’m working through the Faith edition (here is Sully’s kid’s version)
- Read (here’s my current book, full June reading recap coming soon)
- Yogurt bowl in AM, lettuce wraps for lunch, low carb dinner + only 1 cheat day
- Drink 6+ glasses of water
- Engage on social media to grow following
- Enjoy the journey!
Checking in on these things weekly with my Powersheets along with my planner helps keep me on track. Not included above are my work goals and some other personal ones we’re working on right now. It’s going to be hard overall to keep to certain goals with the craziness of our month, but that’s why I have that first goal up there under monthly and the last one under daily to remember to ENJOY this season!
So where are we off to in July/beginning of August? Well, it starts with Provence July 6-10 to see the lavender fields. Then just Ryan and I are going to Morocco for a delayed 30th birthday celebration for us both from July 28-August 2 while my Mom is here to watch Sully (THANK YOU MOM!). Finally, we wrap up in the Cotswolds from August 3-5. In between, we’ll do a ton of London exploring, and may even pop out to Bath and/or the Cliffs of Dover for a day trip with my sister.
Make sure you’re following along and engaging with my Instagram posts/watching my Insta Stories at @erinnicolep so you see all our adventures!
Do you guys track your goals? How do you stick to them when traveling and with guests during the summer?